Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
My first little duckie was the yellow one (Of course! Duck has to be yellow!)
I visioned a bird amigurumi while I was making it, but as you can see it turned out to be a duck and it is a little cutie. So I decided to make a second one...then a third one. They are the 3 little duckies like the 3 musketeers. So I thought I shall call them "The 3 Ducketeers"! Not a bad name at all!
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
- Crochet hooks. They come in different sizes for different types of yarns, but for amigurumi 3.5mm – 4.5mm hooks are often used.
- Scissors, preferably pointy embroidery scissors for easy snips for small corners.
- Tapestry needles as they have larger eyes then regular sewing ones to accommodate the yarn; preferably steel ones because the plastic ones tend to bend and break easily.
- Measurement tape.
- Yarns, preferably cotton yarns as they give a smooth and nice finish to your amigurumi.
- Accessories such as safety eyes to bring life to your cute amigurumi.
- Safety pin / stitch marker to mark the beginning of each round.
- Row Counter to keep count of the number of crochet rows