Monday, April 5, 2010

Natural face mask - Honey



Lately I started getting obsessed with natural skin care. One of my favourites is honey, natural honey is the best!

Face mask for oily skin
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon of fresh lime or lemon juice (I prefer lime as the fragrance is more intense)

Mix the 2 well and apply on the whole face if your skin is extreme oily, or T-zone if you’re only oily around the T-zone. Leave the mixture on and relax or read your favourite book/ fashion magazine, listen to your favourite song/tune, for 10-15 mins. Wash your face and apply your usual moisturiser lightly and feel great!

Face mask for dry skin
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 vitamin e capsule and a drizzle of olive oil or jojoba oil

Mix 1 teaspoon of honey, the contents of 1 vitamin e capsule and a drizzle of olive oil. Use it as a mask after a hot shower in the evening. Leave it on 20 minutes or so and then rinse really well with warm water. No need to moisturise.

It just smooths everything out, leaves the perfect amount of moisture and evens out skin tone. Just fantastic!

Honey to spot-treat pimples
Honey works great as an overnight spot treatment on pimples, and seems to do a pretty good job on calming them since it has healing properties. Just wiping on a thin film and letting it dry is enough and leave it on overnight. I keep it in a little pill jar in the bathroom.


 

4 comments:

Shanon Siphan said...

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Shanon! I gathered this through some of the natural remedies books.

Vanda Josephpauline said...

Thanks for your entire labor on this web site. My mom really likes participating in internet research and it is simple to grasp why. A lot of people notice all about the lively way you make very important tips by means of the website and as well as inspire response from people on the situation so our own simple princess is really starting to learn a whole lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the year. You are doing a powerful job.

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for lovely comments! I'm glad you found the information helpful and will try my best to post more.